Saturday, February 21, 2009

Scrapbook Entry 15: Antelope Canyon


Antelope Canyon

The picture was taken in Page, in southwest of the United States. It shows the Antelope Canyon. As one can see, the polished wall of the canyon recreate a unbeliveable play of colors. The Antelope canyon can be divided in Upper and Lower canyon. The picture depicts the Upper one. The canyon itself is about 100 meter long or approximately 328 feet and ten meters high (32 feet).

I found this picture while crusiing on the internet. To be honest, when I first took a look at it I wasn't really able to figure out what it actually was. NOt before I clicked on the picture to see it in full-size did I realize that it was a canyon.

After the current semester I will be doing a West Coast trip with friends from Germany. We wil start our trip in Seattle and will drive all the way down to the very South. I truly hope that we can stop by at the Great Canyon and see these natural phenomenon in reality.

Google Earth Link

No comments:

Post a Comment