Thursday, February 5, 2009

Scrapbook Entry 5: The shoe of Destiny

The shoe of Destiny

This picture was actually taken in Baltimore January 31, 2009 in a restaurant. As it is with most of my scrapbook entries, there is a story behind this one too.

At the end of last semester, a day before I flew back to Germany over the winter break, I finally decided to divest myself from my beloved shoes which I had for over 15 months at that time. So consequently I put them into the trash can before I went to the airport for my flight back to Germany...

On January 19, 2009, I came back to St.Mary's campus. I was dropped off at my place and entered our dorm. As soon as I entered my room and saw the trash can, looking the same as it had done when I left before the break. My shoes were still on top of the papers. I immediately thought that this had to be destiny, because to be honest, I didn't want to get rid of them. The mean a lot to me because they have been through a lot! However, the right shoe has a huge hole in it which can't be repaired.

Long story short, I decided to wear them another semester. As thing are now, I will leave them here at St.Mary's for good when I go back to Heidelberg...
But who knows what destiny has planed for me...

google earth link

No comments:

Post a Comment