Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Scrapbook Entry 2: Where..."Perfection" happens.


Where..."Perfection" happens.


This picture was taken on a balcony in Heidelberg, Germany. As one can see it shows a six-pack of Coca-Cola bottles and a six-pack of Fanta bottles next to each other standing perfectly in the sunset of a cold winter day. The reason for the six-packs being out on a balcony was due to the fact that the fridge was already packed.


The picture was taken during winter break in Germany 2008/2009. I had edited this picture by writing something on it before I sent it back to Germany to jecoice my roomates by reminding them of the awesome time we had. The writing on the picture says; "Where..."Perfection" happens." This statement was copied from the NBA.com website commercial. To make it short, this drink represents "perfection" for me and my roomates because we like it so much.

But the main reason why I chose this picture is the fact that this beverage is my roomates' and my favorite drink back in Germany. Originally, it is also referred to as "Spezi". Spezi conists of 50 percent Cola nd 50 percent Fanta. In other words, a mixture of both of them. The best way to consume this drink is when both sodas are ice cold.

Although the picture might only represent a radom failed picture to most of its viewers, it has a special personal meaning for me. However, the way the two six-packs are depicted by the warm light of the sunset during winter time and the association and emotions (enjoyment and satisfaction) me and my rommates connect with them, makes it special in our view at least.

google earth link

No comments:

Post a Comment